Saturday, September 09, 2006

45 POEM: Dessert

Ah...the rapture of dessert!
Something wonderful and interesting,
with opposing flavors melded.
Or something oozing and gooey,
deliciously sinful in divine sweetness.
It could be a classic done exceptionally well
or an unfamiliar combination of exotic delights.
Whatever the form, the impact is a flavor to savor,
an impression of perfection.
This is the moment when time stands still,
the taste buds tingle and applaud,
and nothing exists but this miracle -- this harmony
a mouth can roll and revel in.
This fleeting bliss is a gift from the gods.
Treasure it.
Ah...the rapture of dessert!



Written by Angela Patterson
Copyright Angela Patterson 2006


I meant to publish this poem close to the time I wrote it (and wrote about it), our anniversary weekend in Salado in July. I forgot to post it then, but I'm catching up now. The blog formatting messes up the indentions that makes my poetry display as written. Oh well. I'm happy to be able to share.

This morning I'm going to experiment with homemade crepes for breakfast. I intend to cut up strawberries and throw heavy cream into the mixer so it will whip up into unsweetened whipped cream with a touch of vanilla. Strawberries, whipped cream, and crepes will be like having dessert for breakfast. Yum!

Previous - 44 E-mail: 7 more to go
Next - 46 E-mail: the last round of radiation

No comments: