Monday, September 04, 2006

39 E-mail: 14 of 33


Monday
8/21/2006

Today will be my 15th treatment. By Wednesday radiation will be halfway over. It’s been fairly easy, all things considered. My skin is beginning to look lightly sunburned and it’s starting to hurt if pressure is applied. Most of the time I don’t notice any discomfort. Oftentimes I feel a little yicky after eating a meal and that started with radiation. Hopefully it’ll end when the treatments are over. The interesting thing about the sunburn effect is how I can see a right angle for one of the corners. It’s as though someone held up a sheet of paper and the corner of the page got burned onto my chest.

I’ve attached two photos.

One is of me from a week and a half ago. It shows two of the four radiation marks that help the technicians line up the equipment consistently for treatment. So far the universal response has been laughter when people (non-radiation technician people) have seen these (such as my husband and my parents). I don’t know why. So have a giggle on me. The other picture is a sunrise from our back porch on our wedding anniversary this year, July 15. I came downstairs to make a bottle. From the kitchen sink I saw the sunrise and felt inspired by the beauty. I quickly grabbed the camera and captured an image to remember the moment. Enjoy.

Angela

Previous - 38 E-mail: 8 down 25 to go
Next - 40 E-mail: 17 of 33

No comments: