Tuesday, November 07, 2006

51 E-mail: "Parent:Wise Austin"


Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Well, the magazine is out and Kelric and I are on the cover. It’s a disappointing write up for us, though. Even though I was interviewed along with Shauna, Michele, and Audra of the Pink Ribbon Cowgirls, absolutely no mention is made of me or of Kelric in the article. Our pictures are all plastered all over the article and on the cover, which is neat, but we are mentioned nowhere in the article itself and that is weird.

I'm glad that Shauna, Michele, and Audra are all quoted. That's what the interview was for. I'm okay with having our pictures shown in place of story quotes, but it confuses people because the article focuses heavily on Shauna's story and yet the pictures of me and Kelric are on every page. It would have made more sense to the average reader if someone had put in a caption under just one of our pictures mentioning that here's another cancer survivor with baby.

Instead, the average reader will probably assume that the photos of Kelric and I are of Shauna and her son Cooper. Too late now to change it and that's a shame. Cooper is really cute.

I got a bunch of copies for parents and friends, anyway. It isn’t every day I get to have my picture in something available to the general public. The pictures look great, by the way. I especially love the one with Kelric sticking out his tongue.

You can catch the online version at www.parentwiseaustin.com. Here is the direct link to the archived Nov 2006 magazine: http://parentwiseaustin.com/Archive/2006/11_November/2006_11_PWA.pdf.

Cheers,
Angela

Previous - 50 E-mail: wait...but there's more
Next - 52 E-mail: Race for the Cure (Nov 2006)

No comments: